Doctors & Clinics
Northern Montana Specialty Medical Center
Welcome! Thank you for choosing Northern Montana Medical Group [NMMG].
- Scheduling Appointments: Please call ahead for an appointment. If you need to cancel an appointment, let us know at least 24-hours in advance so we may schedule someone in your place.
- New Patients: Be prepared to give your medical, social, and family history, including any allergies, and information about any medications you are taking, and to show your insurance card (if applicable), at your first appointment. Federal rules, established for your protection, require us to verify your full name, date of birth, address, Social Security number, and to see a government issued photo ID (except newborn infants/minors).
- Returning Patients: At each appointment we verify your personal information, including a copy of your insurance card. We are required by law to do this for your protection.
- Prescription Refills: If you need a refill, call your pharmacy. If there are no refills left on your prescription, your pharmacy will contact your doctor. Please allow 24-hours for your doctor to process your refill request. Northern Montana Pharmacy has drive-through service or will deliver prescriptions in town; they can be reached by calling 262-1701 and are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mon-Fri (Closed Holidays and weekends).
- Expected Wait Times: We make every effort to schedule appointments so every patient will have enough time with their doctor. However, there are many factors that influence how long patients may have to wait. If you have waited more than 20 minutes beyond your scheduled appointment time, please let one of our staff know, so we can check into the reason for the delay.
- Medical Records: NMSMC is equipped with an electronic medical record. If you need copies, please contact us at 262-1226. All patient information is protected by law.
- Advance Directives: Your wishes are important and should be considered before you face a life-threatening situation. Information about living wills, organ donation, spiritual/pastoral care, and other matters is available at your request, by contacting our Social Services Department at 262-1555.
- Notification of Diagnostic Test Results: After your doctor has reviewed your diagnostic tests you will be notified of the results. If the results of your tests are not within "acceptable range" a nurse or your doctor will contact you to discuss them, and you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities: Understanding your involvement in the healing process, and a patient's rights and responsibilities, is an integral part of your care. A copy of the statement of patient rights and responsibilities is available upon your request.
- Billing and Insurance: NMMG accepts most insurance plans. As a courtesy, we bill your health insurance company, provided we have current information. Please be patient with us as we confirm this information with each visit. All charges to family members with the same guarantor, will appear on one bill.
- NMSMC Billing will include all services provided by NMSMC, and doctor's charges for hospital services, including radiology, pathology and anesthesia.
- Hospital Billing: If you have received any services at the hospital, you will receive a separate bill for these charges including the Emergency Room doctor charges.
- Questions: call Business Services at 262-1264.
- Visiting Physicians/Specialists not affiliated: Should your care require that a visiting specialist, such as a cardiologist or neurologist be consulted, you will be billed separately by that physician's office.
- Financial Policies: Copays (the dollar amount your insurance company requires you to pay each time that you receive services/treatment) are required at the time of service. Any additional amount due (deductibles and non-covered services) will also be requested at the time of service. Payment is due in-full no later than 120 days after the date of your first statement. You may be eligible for financial assistance, but must contact us immediately upon receipt of your first statement. After 120 days, your balance will be forwarded to a billing service that will allow you an extended payment arrangement which will include interest charges. Please call us to discuss payment arrangements at 262-1264.
- Visiting Nurse Services: Visiting Nurses are available for homebound patients who have healthcare needs requiring the skills of a registered nurse on an intermittent basis. Contact 262-1444 for more information.
- After hours coverage: Call the Hospital Emergency Department should you encounter problems after office hours: 262-1201, or call 911 in an emergency.
- Regular Office Hours are:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What's Happeningcomplete hospital calendar...